Desiccant capsules are small, rigid containers filled with desiccant and crimped with a permeable carton material at the top after filling. They can be inserted or placed inside packaging or medical devices to protect them from moisture degradation. Desiccant capsules are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes to fit specific applications.
Capsules are ideal for pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, diagnostic and medical products that are susceptible to either chemical or physical degradation. Standard sorbent fills include silica gel (moisture adsorption) and molecular sieve (moisture and odors).
Airnov also offers PharmaKeep® oxygen absorbing capsules and EQiusTM capsules filled with Equilibrium RH Stabilizers.
Three types of capsule are available:
- Cylindrical capsules: dropped into pharmaceutical bottles
- Snapped capsules: integrated into bottle closures
- Flat capsules: ideally used for moisture protection in fish-bone blister packaging
Airnov offers desiccant capsules that are fully compliant with US FDA and EU regulations for use in pharmacuetical applications and that comply with US Pharmaceopia USP <670> standards for pharmaceutical desiccants.
- Cost efficient due to a robust design: Rigid construction facilitates continuous hopper feeding and high-speed insertion on standard insertion equipment.
- Versatile sorbent materials: Standard sorbent fills include silica gel (moisture adsorption) and molecular sieve (moisture and odors), it can also be filled with PharmaKeep® oygen scavenger or EQiusTM – equilibrium RH stabilizers.
- Standard or customized: Desiccant capsules are available in printed form and unprinted form. Standard sizes range from 0.3g to 4g in fill weight, and from 10.7 mm to 30.7 mm in diameter. Customized sizes and fills can be designed.