Airnov celebrates five years of manufacturing in India and announces participation at CPHI India 2022
- Cuddalore facility continues to serve a growing demand in the Indian market and represents an important hub for future regional growth
- Airnov to exhibit a broad range of healthcare packaging solutions, including HAT-B®, EQius®, laser marked canisters and DRICARD™ at CPHI India 2022
November 17, 2022 – Airnov Healthcare Packaging, a global leader in controlled atmosphere packaging, has surpassed five years of manufacturing at its production facility in India.
The plant, located in Cuddalore which sits south of Chennai in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, is operated by a workforce of around 40 dedicated employees and is ISO 9001 and ISO 15378.
Beginning production in 2017, the Indian site is an important local hub for Airnov serving what is a growing national and regional market. It will also prove critical in meeting future growth in demand for Airnov’s healthcare packaging solutions.
Shrikar Trikannad, Head of sales India at Airnov, commented: “We continue to see great promise in the Indian market, which is proving very receptive to the pioneering products that we are able to bring to customers.
“As we look ahead to the next five years, India will continue to play a key role in our business planning.”
The milestone arrives as Airnov exhibits at CPHI 2022 in India, a leading tradeshow connecting stakeholders in the pharmaceutical sector.
In particular, guests are invited to discover a range of products. These include:
- HAT®-B: Airnov’s latest innovative vial, is designed to limit carbon footprints with an optimized amount of plastic. They contain an adjustable desiccant quantity and incorporate versatile sorbent materials to fit stability requirements. The vial, suitable for the pharmaceutical, diagnostic and nutraceutical markets, is available in two sizes and is compatible with existing filling lines.
- EQius®: Airnov’s equilibrium relative humidity stabilizers are sorbent products that can maintain a specific required humidity level in pharmaceuticals. They are particularly designed to protect dry powder inhalers, gelatine capsules, and gummies. The development of Airnov’s EQius portfolio will help customers’ control relative humidity from 10% to 95%, and meet specific needs for the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical markets
- Laser marked canisters: These canisters use laser technology to create visible marks on the canister body without inks, varnishes, adhesives, and other extraneous materials for a more sustainable product with less risk of contamination. The portfolio will be complete this year with the release of 2g and 3g.
- DRICARD™: The new line of blue Dricard boasts double thickness, which allows for twice the moisture adsorption capacity across the same sized product. It also enables 80% less ink to be used, providing an important sustainability benefit
Visitors of CPHI India 2022, hosted at India Expo Centre, will be able to find Airnov at stand 14.A32.